Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving weekend

I'm desperately trying not to write something silly or trite about Thanksgiving but it's difficult not to get all mushy. I will just say that I am thankful for so many things in my life. Out of everything though (health, house, food, etc) I am mostly grateful for family. Between Tim and I, we have a good sized extended family. Other than some typical family spats, almost everyone gets on very well and there is a lot of love to go around. Knowing all the craptastic families out there makes me even more grateful (and sappy) about it. I am just so thankful that we get to share this with Xander. Hopefully one day he will be thankful for it too. Did I also mention how insanely thankful I am for Tim and Xander? Because wow, a girl can't get much luckier than these guys. 

Speaking of awesome family, Poppa (grandpa Erwin) and Mimi (grandma Cher) came up for the Thanksgiving festivities and spent the night. So, X got to spend some good quality time with both of them.

We wish they could have stayed longer but they had to leave by mid-morning on Friday. At least Xmas is just a few weeks away! Holy crap, is that right?!? Where has this year gone?

On another note, Tim has decided to grow a little scruff for a change. I like it. A lot. ;)  But at first X isn't sure what to think...

But in the end, I think he likes it. 

Sharing a moment with Great Grandma Marlene at Jessica's baby shower. Perhaps they are discussing their next coordinated wardrobe. 

Tim captured a few shots of X and me on the monitor last night when he wouldn't sleep. He was being so adorable, I couldn't even be annoyed. 

Just some adorableness in the car seat. Note that this hoodie is a 12M and his head doesn't even fit in it anymore!

Let's end this post with a monitor shot of X sleeping with his booty in the air. Gets me every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment