Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy 2014!!!  I'm sure I could write pages on how awesome (and hard) 2013 was but that would require much typing and boring the crap out of everyone. I'll just say that Xander pretty much changed everything forever. We love him so much it boggles the mind sometimes. Tim and I both feel elated, exhausted and positively joyous about life right now. And, of course, a little bit scared about parenthood. We are settling into a good rhythm but there is always the fear that your dysfunction will screw your kid up for life. So much responsibility... 

But I digress. 

How about some stuff about Xander?

Here are the best shots I could get of his two front teeth. He is really trying hard to avoid getting them on film. 

He's starting to figure out the sippy cup. Most of the time I still need to hold it for him though. 

X loves banana but mashing it up simply won't do anymore. He'd rather just gnaw on a chunk of it. Better that than grinding his new teeth, which he does all the time. It's a completely cringe-worthy sound. Yeesh. 

He has been trying a lot of new foods lately. So far we've offered: 

*Apple chunks
*Banana
*Orange slices
*Mashed peas
*Frozen mango chunks
Avocado
Strawberry 
Oatmeal
*Flavored rice puffs (the Gerber kind- vanilla and sweet potato specifically)
*Carrot chunks
*Sweet potatoes (chunks and mashed)
Lime (he loves and hates this I think)
Pear
Tomato

* This is stuff he really seems to like though he ate/tolerated everything listed. I haven't pureed anything except the peas once. I either mash it with a fork or hand him chunks. Now that he has four front teeth, he really wants to gnaw on stuff. Most of the time he doesn't want to be spoonfed and just tries to grab the spoon. So be it! He still prefers the boob to any solid food anyway. 

Some pics on the bathmat yesterday. I didn't notice until now that his outfit matches the bathroom. I mean, I planned that... 

Isn't he just ridiculously cute?  My word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment